Duties of the committee:
As committee members you are the trustees of the charity.
All trustees have a statutory duty to see that the organisation is being run properly.
The committee is legally and financially responsible for the setting.
Committee members will:
– Employ and manage staff, provide staff contracts and annual staff development interviews following the Equal Opportunities Statement.
– Agree salaries and fees.
– Ensure the setting complies with local legislation and regulations.
– Ensure that the setting is properly insured.
– Maintain, update and implement the settings policies to fulfill Ofsted Standards and Guidance.
– Take an interest in the setting’s finances and ensure that they are being spent properly for the charitable purposes they are intended.
– Work as a team ensuring the setting runs smoothly and efficiently and offer support to other committee members.
– Attend committee meetings or send apologies if necessary.
– Organise and attend fundraising events.
If you think you would like to help the Centre by becoming a member of the Management Committee, please fill in this form.
We elect members at our AGM every September.